Announcing the Wu Tsai Performance 2024 undergraduate research program
We are excited to announce the launch of the Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance 2024 Undergraduate Research Program.
This is an opportunity open to all Stanford undergraduate students to explore the field of human performance through a funded research experience. Through the program, students will:
- Participate in the course “Design Thinking for Research in Human Performance” (Spring, no prerequisites) to learn about the field of human performance and the research process, to engage with expert faculty, and write a proposal for summer research.
- Carry out their proposed research with the mentorship and guidance of Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance mentors as part of a 10-week fellowship in the summer.
- Join a diverse community of leaders, researchers, and trainees who are passionate about improving human performance and supporting others in entering this field.
All Stanford undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Students who do not have previous research experience or are from underrepresented groups in academia are particularly encouraged to apply.
Want to learn more?
Read more about the Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance 2024 Undergraduate Research Program.
Join us for a seminar on human performance and a chance to meet potential mentors
We are hosting watch parties (lunch included!) for our bi-weekly research talks highlighting cutting edge research from experts in human performance. Following the talks, our team will be available to discuss how to get involved with the Alliance and after the October 27th seminar we will have a specific session on the undergraduate program.
- October 13, 2023 | Hiroshi Asahara and Gabriella Lindberg
- Hiroshi Asahara (Scripps Research) will share a talk on Athletic Giftedness and Genetics – Functional enhancement for physical performance via Piezo1-Mkx axis in tendon
- Gabriella Lindberg (University of Oregon) will share a talk on Biofabrication of Patient-Centric Joint Tissue Models
- October 27, 2023 | Rob Knight and Ramla Najjar and Iskander Moshni
- Rob Knight (UCSD) will share a talk on The human microbiome and its implications for health and disease
- Ramla Najjar & Iskander Moshni (Bowerman Sports Science Center, University of Oregon) will share a talk on Numerical simulation of Achilles tendon under static and dynamic loading
- November 17, 2023 | Malene Lindholm and second speaker details coming soon
- Malene Lindholm (Stanford University) will share a talk on omics and performance
- December 8, 2023 | Brianne Connizzo (Boston University) and Candace Hogue (University of Minnesota)
- Brianne Connizzo will share a talk on Decoupling innate and hormonally-regulated sex differences in tendon health and function
- Candace Hogue will share a talk on How Leader Behaviors and Mental Skills Training May Help Athletes Thrive Psychologically and Physiologically
November 22, 2023
Seminar: automated model discovery – a new paradigm in biomedical simulations with Ellen Kuhl
November 6, 2023
Announcing the award winners of the Innovation and Discovery Expo@Clark
November 1, 2023
Announcing 2024 funding opportunities for doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows
We invite faculty, students, staff, alumni, friends, and external organizations to participate in the Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance at Stanford.